Friday, March 28, 2014

{ come to me, all who are weary mothers }

I'm in this season of trying to find true 'rest'. I automatically go to the thought, "maybe I need 'me' time", which seems to include thoughts of getting my hair done, maybe an eyebrow wax, how about shaving both legs for a change before my baby screams bloody murder for me? maybe I could use my hairdryer this week, or possibly buying jeans that actually fit me, or even shoes that fit my now larger feet from pregnancy?  I would like to think that shopping would help, but yet today I bought a scarf, and here I sit with the same emotions prior to purchasing the scarf...and I'm now short $10.17 from my envelope system...

I just know in my heart that this kind of stuff is not what God is wanting me to do to find rest. That as a mother, in order to find true rest, I need to soak up scripture, pray over my family, work diligently, love deeply, listen intentionally and maybe pick up my house occasionally (for sanity sake during my Jesus time).

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

God, may we as parents take on your gentleness & humbleness. Help our souls find rest so that we can love our children, and most importantly, be content in life! AMEN.

{ sara }


No comments:

Post a Comment